9/29/2011

7lbs in 7 Days - Does the the Juice Master Promise Really Deliver?

My first taste of the Juice Master and his 7lbs in 7 days plan was a couple of years ago. I had an entire 2 weeks of work in which to experiment, and so the prospect of producing self-made juices 3-6 times a day, as well as exercise seemed less daunting and a lot more manageable. During week 1 I did indeed loose 7lbs in 7 days, in fact I lost more, 10lbs to be exact. Now when I started this diet I was not overweight but edging towards was the upper end of what is classed as a "normal" BMI, so for me 10lbs was a huge achievement and this diet delivered exactly what it said it would.

But; and you knew there would be one, this diet is not for the weak willed. It takes serious commitment and dedication from the participant to achieve the great results that the plan has on offer.

7 Days Weight Loss

I will be honest & say that I didn't like all of the juices, especially the Super Juice which contains avocado and wheatgrass, and has a similar look to pond scum. Holding your nose while drinking can be a real help, and be sure to have a glass of water on hand to help wash away the taste after it's gone down. However it's not all doom and gloom on the taste front, some of the juices are really nice, especially the late night Hot 'n' Spicy which is a really nice bedtime drink made of apple juice and cinnamon.

The first few days are the hardest, partly knowing that you still have the rest of the week ahead of you drinking nothing but juice, but also the intense headaches I suffered due to a lack of sugar and caffeine of any kind which are apparently induced by your body 'detoxing' throughout the programme.

I made an effort to exercise twice a day, swim in the morning for a good hour and in the evening I'd do some Pilates. I also biked to and from the swimming pool which was another good 30 minutes there and back. I think it would be nearly impossible to have done this had I not had the week off from work, especially as I found myself back in bed asleep after my early morning sleep, literally exhausted from the lack of food.

This said, after 3 days of being on this plan the headaches had subsided, and I started to notice the benefit that Jason Vale (aka the Juice Master) speaks about in his book. My skin was illuminated, I felt very clean inside and out and I was definitely beginning to notice a huge change in my waistline and on the scales. I lost 5lbs in the first 3 days which spurred me on until the end of the week to stick to the plan.

I am so glad that I did. I lost 10lbs in 7 days and my stomach went from muffin-top to flat in one week! My jeans which were almost falling off me, and I felt great by the end of it all.

I continued with the diet for the next week, gradually adding in protein rich meals, salads, legumes and whole fruits and yoghurt to my diet and continued to loose another 5lbs and keep it off!

I have since followed the plan another 4 times since then, all of which I have completed whilst working a full-time job.

A few helpful tips are:

-Pre prepare all of you juices and smoothies the night before and freeze them if you can. This will save huge amounts of faffing time before you go to work.

-If you feel like you want to cheat, DO! Yep, I know Jason Vale would probably not approve of this one but the thing that really got me through when I felt as though I wanted to give up was treating myself to an extra yoghurt and banana smoothie. There are only 2 permitted on the plan but when it comes to breaking point this is by far a better option that chowing down on a greasy takeaway or sweets.

- Make the exercise part of your day. The last thing you want to do after a day of nothing but liquid is hit the gym. If you have the luxury of having time off from work or the motivation to do so then by all means hit it as hard as you can, but if you find this all a little too much to cope with try simply walking to work or taking a walk on your lunch break for 30mins to get in your quota of exercise.

-Most of all remember it's only 7 days, and at the end of it all you'll feel a great sense of achievement and be rewarded with a lighter, slimmer you.

Good Luck!

7lbs in 7 Days - Does the the Juice Master Promise Really Deliver?

insurance compare

No comments:

Post a Comment